FREE SAME DAY SHIPPING!
You will recieve this item in 1-5 Busienss Days!
(We ship from 5 different warehouses throughout the US to ensure the fastest shipment times.)
- Warranty 5 Year
- Handle Type Electric Jack
- Weight Capacity 12,000 lbs.
Bulldog Powered Drive Kit for Single Speed Jacks
Designed for use with BULLDOG 12,000 lbs. and Twin Cam jacks. Lifts 50% more than competition
Lifts 50% more than competition
Lifts 3" per minute at typical working loads
Can be manually cranked in the event of power loss
Can be used in tandem applications
State of the art 12VDC electric motor
Quiet operation - 50% quieter than competitive units
Efficient use of electrical power - 60% more efficient than competitive units
Permanently lubricated to provide years of maintenance free use
Power drive dimensions are 8" length x 3-9/16" width x 6-3/16" height
Custom designed wiring harness & rocker switch enclosed in a weather proof box
Utilizes a 25 amp circuit breaker with push button reset feature
Can be used in both single & tandem jack applications Kit includes all necessary components for ease of installation
Powered drive assembly
Torque stop tube with energy absorption device
Replacement bevel gear & dowel pin
Wiring harness & switch box
Hex coupling (not shown, required when using in a tandem jack application)
Weather resistant cover (not shown)
- Remove the jack cross shaft. If your jack has non-welded hex bushings, refer to Service Bulletin F3310 (included). If you are installing the powered drive on a planetary two speed jack, refer to Service Bulletin F3376 (included). Refer to steps #1 through #5 for instructions on removing the cross shaft. Warning: Failure to follow these warnings and instructions may result in property damage, serious bodily injury, and/or death. ®
- Replace the jack cross shaft temporarily with the powered drive/shaft. Install the shaft such that the powered drive is on the non-geared side of the jack with the motor down and within the profile of the jack (see Fig. 1). For a tandem jack system, the powered drive should be between the two jacks and installed on the “street-side” jack. For the tandem two-speed installation, the grease zerks will no longer be easily accessible. Your option is to drill two ¼” holes on an accessible side of the jack outer tube, and install new grease zerks (not included). Proceed with torque stop tube attachment.
- With the powered drive/shaft temporarily installed, use it to locate the torque stop tube on the jack outer tube wall (see Fig. 1).
- Place the torque stop tube on the rubber bumper (with the powered drive/shaft installed into the jack) and mark the location of the torque stop tube on the outer tube of the jack. Remove the powered drive/shaft and weld the torque stop tube on to the jack outer tube at your marked location (see Fig. 1).
- Replace the powered drive/shaft. Make sure to place the energy-absorbing rubber bumper into the torque stop tube when assembling. This prevents the motor from rotating. Follow instructions of the appropriate Service Bulletin (see above) in reverse order to reassemble the jack. Use the standard hole for normal installation (see Fig. 2; do not use hole #2).
- Attach the powered drive cover using the ¼” x 1” bolts and ¼” rubber bonded washers (included). Sandwich the cover between two rubber bonded washers on each bolt with the rubber side against the cover. Then, screw the bolts into the mounting flange holes. Torque the bolts to 6 ft. lbs. Your option is to apply a thread lock or retaining compound (not included) to the bolts. Place Bulldog decal (included) on outside of cover.
Running Tandem Jacks from the Powered Drive
If you plan to run tandem jacks from the powered drive, you will need to use the hex coupling (included). This coupling can be welded to a length of 1 inch Schedule 40 pipe (see Figure 3). Slide the hex coupling end of the pipe over the hex shaft of the powered drive. Cut the other end of the pipe such that it will just clear the end of the second jack’s cross shaft. Cross drill a ⅜” hole approximately 1 inch from the end of the pipe. Slide the pipe over the second jack’s cross shaft and attach with a ⅜” x 2” long bolt and lock nut, Grade 5 (not included; see Figure 4). Torque to 18 ft. lbs. Make sure the jacks are in the same position in reference to the ground prior to final connection.
- To avoid accidental shock and/or damage to the electrical system, disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Attach the terminal box to the trailer at a location that will allow for connection of the powered drive leads to the terminal box studs. See wiring diagram (Figure 5).
- Attach the powered drive leads and the wiring harness leads to the terminal box studs. To protect the leads, enclose them in a section of non-split tubing or loom (included).
- Locate and attach the switch box of the wiring harness at a desired location on the trailer (mounting hardware not included).
- Attach the battery leads to the terminal box studs. Attach the terminal box cover.
- Reconnect the battery ground and test the op
When you order from TowUniverse.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment within 24 hours.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: Same Day (Warehouse cutoff time is 3:00 pm EST)
Shipping time: 1-4 business days
We ship from several warehouses throughout the United States. We typically ship from the closest warehouse to the customers zip code but in some cases that product may not be available in that specific warehouse. If it is not available in the closest, we will ship the item from the next available warehouse.
If an item is on back-order we will notify you with an ETA within 24 hours. If the ETA does not meet your timeline we can cancel your order for a full refund.
We do not ship to PO boxes, we will need a physical address.
Most of our items are shipped with UPS.